Actual Weight Loss Starting from Band Implantation

livtobeblessed
on 1/1/09 12:23 am
Lap Band on 06/24/09 with
Hi, I see a lot of weight loss posted, but many are including from weight loss prior to the band.   Because there a so many conflicts in weight loss with the LapBand vs. the Realize, I am curious to know how much weight you have lost from the start of the band implantation, until now, not including what you lost prior to the band.  I know that everyone's body and daily regimine plays a huge part in total weight loss success, and that everyone's body responds differently . But I am curious if there really is a difference in the amount or percentage of weight loss between the bands.  And for the most part just wondering how much you are loosing, especially with the Realize band because I am leaning towards that one just because I read that unlike the LapBand there is less chances of food getting "stuck".    My last 6 month class is the 14th and I was planning to have surger in Feb, but thinking of doing it in March now.  I just don't know which band to choose.  My doctor hasn't mentioned any of choice either when we discussed my options.

Any information you can provide will be considered a plus! 

Happy New Years!

Gina
bornagain3
on 1/1/09 4:10 am - Scottsville, VA
On January 1, 2009 at 8:23 AM Pacific Time, livtobeblessed wrote:
Hi, I see a lot of weight loss posted, but many are including from weight loss prior to the band.   Because there a so many conflicts in weight loss with the LapBand vs. the Realize, I am curious to know how much weight you have lost from the start of the band implantation, until now, not including what you lost prior to the band.  I know that everyone's body and daily regimine plays a huge part in total weight loss success, and that everyone's body responds differently . But I am curious if there really is a difference in the amount or percentage of weight loss between the bands.  And for the most part just wondering how much you are loosing, especially with the Realize band because I am leaning towards that one just because I read that unlike the LapBand there is less chances of food getting "stuck".    My last 6 month class is the 14th and I was planning to have surger in Feb, but thinking of doing it in March now.  I just don't know which band to choose.  My doctor hasn't mentioned any of choice either when we discussed my options.

Any information you can provide will be considered a plus! 

Happy New Years!

Gina
I had my realize lap band surgery on Sept. 29th and have lost a total of 26 pounds since the surgery.

Jeane
clovett
on 1/1/09 8:06 am - farmingdale, NJ
Hey Jeane, I was banded on Nov 7, 2008 and I'm down 23 pounds I didn't have to do a pre-surgery diet so that weight is was lost since surgery. Good Luck and God Bless.
[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcA3oBn/]
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcA3oBn/weight.png[/image]
[/link]

jkwilso
on 1/1/09 10:46 am
I had the Realize band put on Dec.19th 2008 and I have only lost 9 lbs.  I feel like I have changed my eating so much and the results are slow, is that normal?
bornagain3
on 1/1/09 8:04 pm - Scottsville, VA
Hello!

Thank you for your post! 

I have had such a hard time breaking old habits!  But I guess that makes sense since I was 55 when I had the lap band.  

I am back doing what I am supposed to and and am 1/2 pound away from my lowest weight of 216.  I went a little crazy during the holidays and now am having to play catch up.

Take care and I would love to hear more from you!

Blessings,

Jeane    
Betsy1
on 1/1/09 10:04 am - NY
Hi Gina,

I had my realize placed on April 14 2008, to date I have lost 90lbs...good luck.....god bless..

betsy

Nothing Tastes as good as being thin feels!!
Highest/ Current
335          185

jkwilso
on 1/1/09 10:49 am
That is great! Did you have trouble before your first fill?  I have to wait 3 more weeks, and I am hungry.
Betsy1
on 1/1/09 9:36 pm - NY
I did have trouble before my first fill.  But i kinda had no choice and i said to myself....this is nuts, i shouldnt be eating this much.   But I had to wait it out either way for my first fill.  You will be surprised and happy with your results either way.  Its more than I myself wouldve lost to begin with.

Hope this helps
betsy

Highest/ Current
335          185

mochasoul
on 1/1/09 1:36 pm
Wow  Betsy,

You are having great success.  How soon did you start exercising  after surgery?
Betsy1
on 1/1/09 9:28 pm - NY
Hi guys!  Thanks for the support.!  I am a bad example of when I started excer....I just started about a week ago...believ it or not....i mean i was much more active when losing it, i went out more with my son and played ball with him and more, but actual "just for me" excer just this past week....to help me along.  Im kinda stuck at 245 right now for 2 months......and im going for a fill on the 7th.  But I guess better now than never right?  I am ok with losing slower though.

Dont get discouraged.....i still till this day am hungry.  We all know that this is a "head" thing.  I look at my husband when he eats and I hate him.  But I am 90lbs lighter than ever! 

So hang in there....it will get better.  I used to think, god!  IM never gonna get there and still think that way..but every pound is closer than before.........

hugs
Betsy

Highest/ Current
335          185

Most Active